Darfur Community Development Center
Darfur is located in the western Sudan, covering an area of 493,180 square kilometers. Lack of meaningful education and development among rural communities is hindering people to participate in modern 21st century world live. In Darfur today, the more qualified persons are more likely to occupy jobs of their choice. However, to reduce the risk of becoming unemployed again, increasing the opportunities for better wages and work conditions, there is need for establishing skills development center. Darfur University College has responded by setting up Darfur Community Development Center (DCDC) to address these needs. DCDC will support early school leaver, young unemployed youth and university graduates. DCDC will also equip these communities in a culturally sensitive manner to engage in sustainable development projects with view of improving family quality life.
Our mission is to offer inclusive activities that support educational, cultural and recreational needs of these communities.
The vision of DCDC is to build social cohesion, promote equitable access to services and employment opportunities.
The values we are committed to:
- Build on and increasing our relationship with individuals and organisations who share our values.
- Identify and address the various needs of the communities
- Provide equal opportunities for all and treating everybody with respect, integrity and transparency.
- Provide training, educational and employment related services for young people in a friendly and informal manner.
- Improve knowledge on health and hygiene; including family planning, awareness of infectious diseases and healthy dietary lifestyles.
- Provide programmes that will develop local people’s tolerance to other nationalities and ethnic groups, resulting in a more peaceful coexistence.
- Empowerment of women through training on gender equality.
- Promotion of democratic procedures, alongside the empowerment of marginalised people to led them participate in local governance.
- Improve knowledge on income generating activity